Make Jesus glow as you illustrate a scene from the Transfiguration of Jesus for kids.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- three caps of hydrogen peroxide
- one glow stick (cut off the end)
- one 16-ounce bottle, containing 4 ounces of Mountain Dew
- Invite three kids to draw a small picture of Jesus, Moses, and Elijah. Let other kids cut out the pictures.
Dim the lights. Read Matthew 17:1, then tape Jesus to the bottle.
Read Matthew 17:2, and add baking soda, peroxide, and glow stick liquid to the bottle.
Replace the lid, and let kids shake the bottle until it glows. Read Matthew 17:3.
Have kids tape Elijah and Moses next to Jesus. Then read Matthew 17:4-8, and remove Elijah and Moses.
Finally, read Matthew 17:9.
Ask: What was it like to see Jesus glowing? Explain what you think is amazing about Jesus. How does knowing Jesus is amazing impact your faith?