As the Living Word of God, the Bible deserves a special place in
our hearts, minds, and lives. These Bible activities provide 9
opportunities to teach kids the importance of the Bible.
------------- | For more great articles like this, subscribe to Children's Ministry Magazine. | -------------
- Put the Bible in a lined basket so it can be easily
- Put the Bible in a small suitcase or cosmetic bag to
emphasize that the Bible is to take with us wherever we
- Find a special drawer or shelf where the Bible can stay
open instead of shelved as other books are.
- Put a new Bible or Bible storybook in a gift-wrapped box,
and let children open it. Talk about how the Bible is a special
gift, not just for one of us, but for all of us. Spark interest in
an old Bible or Bible storybook by wrapping a pretty ribbon and bow
- Have children build a Bible bookstand from blocks.
Because the Bible is special, leave the bookstand up.
- Make a treasure chest out of a foam ice chest. Spray
paint it gold, add jewels, and then put the Bible inside because
the Bible is a great treasure.
- Use a map as a table cover. Put the Bible on top of it,
and talk about how the Bible gives us directions for our
- Put the Bible in the center of a bowl filled with real or
plastic fruit. Talk about how the Bible gives us healthy fuel for
our spiritual lives just as fruit gives our bodies healthy fuel to
move and grow.
- Have kids make their own special boxes to keep their
Bibles in at home.