This year at Christmas, use the 12 Ideas of Advent to keep Christ central to Christmas when you celebrate with families.
You’re probably familiar with the classic Christmas carol “The Twelve Days of Christmas.” In it, a true love gives a gift every day for 12 days — from a partridge in a pear tree on the first day to 12 drummers drumming on the very last. In the spirit of that song, we’re giving you 12 amazing ideas you can use or share with families to help them prepare their hearts for Christmas. Try one, or try them all. They’re our gift to you — out of true love!
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
1 PICTURE FRAME TO BRING GOD PRAISE
What You’ll Need Christmas decorations, a digital camera, card stock, tape, stickers, scissors, clear vinyl adhesive, markers, dry-erase markers, adhesive-backed magnets (available at craft stores), and a frame template.
What You’ll Do This idea is easy to pull off if your church decorates for Christmas. Set up a photo booth in front of your Christmas decorations and have families pose for a photo. If possible, set up a printing station so families can get their pictures right away.
Then direct families to a craft station where they’ll follow these steps.
1. Create an 8×10-inch frame out of the card stock.
2. Decorate the frame with a Christmas theme. At the top write, “Glory to God.”
3. Attach your family photo in the center of the frame.
4. Cover the frame in clear vinyl adhesive, turning the frame into a dry-erase surface with the picture in the center.
5. Attach an adhesive-backed magnet to the back of the frame.
6. Write praises to God with dry-erase markers-and keep adding to and changing the praises at home.