The children in your class or at home will love making–and eating–these Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies.
You’ll need chocolate-covered Oreo cookies, chocolate frosting, Nestle Jingles candy, chocolate chips, red hot candies, and candy corn. Kids will use the frosting as “glue” for this snack.
Have each child follow these steps:
- Frost the inside of two chocolate-covered Oreo cookies and place them together (for the turkey’s base).
- Frost a Nestle Jingle candy to the top of the Oreo cookie base (for the turkey’s body).
- Frost a chocolate chip to the Nestle Jingle candy (for the turkey’s head).
- Frost a red hot candy under the chocolate chip (for the turkey’s wattle).
- Frost the base of the turkey behind the turkey’s body.
- Place five candy corns (large tip facing out) to this area (for the turkey’s feathers).
After kids each make a candy turkey, have them enjoy their creation. While they eat, encourage them to talk about all the things they’re thankful for this Thanksgiving-including yummy candy!
***Here’s the step-by-step video tutorial:
Holidays are special for a reason-they all have meaning. Seasonal Specials for Children’s Ministry is a great way to teach kids the importance of and the meaning behind some of the special holidays we observe. Read more…