Thanks a Million!
Well, maybe not quite a million, but here are oodles of quick
ideas that will help you celebrate your volunteers.
- Give a gift certificate from a local restaurant.
- Have children use a permanent marker to sign a thank-you
- Give 2 movie tickets.
- Give a small plant.
- Personalize a tote bag.
- Clean a teacher's classroom.
- Fill a coffee mug with a bag of ground flavored coffee.
- Create a bulletin board that features volunteers serving
- Have Psalm 71:18 printed in calligraphy and framed for a
volunteer: "Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all
who are to come."
- Give Whoppers candies with this note: "Thanks for your whopper
- Give a relaxing bath experience with a gift of bubble bath or
scented, floating candles.
- Give a prayer journal with a personalized note written in the
- Give a cookie cutter with a note that says, "Thank you for
molding kids' lives."
- Give a seed packet with a note that says, "Wow! You're planting
God's Word in young children's hearts!"
- Give plastic visors with "Top Volunteer" painted on them.
- Give a Mounds candy bar with this note: "You're making a mound
- Call a different team member each day just to see how the
person is doing.
- Ask for reports on past prayer requests.
- Go to lunch with a volunteer -- a different person each
- Invite a volunteer over for dinner.
- Send an encouraging note with a Scripture verse.
- Share a valuable children's ministry resource.
- Offer to help a volunteer move -- better yet, plan a moving
party for a team member.
- Take your volunteer on a retreat.
- Send a thank-you card with a personalized note.
- Plan a team fun day where the church picks up the tab.
- Establish convenient parking places for "volunteers only."
- Create a comfortable coffee area for volunteers only. Provide
fresh pastries and fruit.
- Give a Bar None candy bar with this note: "Bar none, you're the
- Greet each volunteer by name.
- Personalize greetings with statements such as "Hey,
- Mention a person's contribution in your church bulletin or
- Provide child care for volunteer training times.
- Use chalk to write volunteer affirmations on the sidewalk
leading to your church so everyone can celebrate the good things
you volunteers do.
- For a volunteer who coordinates a big event or program, send a
bouquet of roses to that volunteer at church.
- Write a personalized letter from Jesus to the volunteer.
- Believe in people. Say "I know you can do it!"
- Rent a horse-drawn carriage to parade your volunteers around
- Give a volunteer his or her favorite dessert.
- Give Life Saver candies with this note: "You're a real
- Frame a favorite photo for a volunteer.
- Clip and send a funny cartoon or joke that a volunteer will
- Give a journal for a volunteer to keep track of the paths of
god in their ministry.
- Hug a volunteer.
- Give your volunteers children's ministry "business" cards.
- Plaster a thank-you note on a marquee.
- Give a book of stamps with this note: "You're a special
delivery from God!"
- Give a container of wild berries that you picked yourself.
Attach this note: "You're berry special!"
- Give a certificate for 18 holes of golf to a golfer with this
note: "You're a hole-in-one for our children's ministry!"
- Give a new fishing lure to someone who loves fishing with this
note: "Our children's ministry is hooked on you!"
- Volunteer to baby-sit while a couple goes out for a date.
- Wash a volunteer's car -- and clean the inside.
- Offer to do one task for a volunteer that'll reduce her stress,
such as running errands.
- Give a bag of peanuts with this note: "We're nuts about you!
Thanks for bringing your kids out of their shell."
- Mow a volunteer's yard -- or in the fall you can rake
- Hold a thank-you card shower for a special volunteer.
- "Kidnap" a volunteer for breakfast.
- Take kids over to week a volunteer's garden.
- Give the gift of a back massage from a professional massage
- Give a coupon for a latte and scone at a trendy coffee