Fill a zippered plastic bag with one each of the following
items: a rubber band, a tissue, a button, a toothpick, a bandage, a
Hershey's Kisses chocolate candy, a gold thread, an eraser, a Life
Saver candy, and a mint. Add a copy of the "Teacher's Survival Kit"
THE TEACHER'S SURVIVAL KIT
This kit is for you! Use it in your life and
- The rubber band is to thank you for all those times you give
loving hugs to the kids-and to remind you that I'm hugging you back
each time you love a child.
- The tissue is to help you dry one more child's tears-or maybe
your own so you can see the tears of others more clearly. Remember
that I weep along with you.
- The button is to remind you to "button your lip" when you would
be justified in saying something to an unruly child or an angry
parent but know it would be wiser to remain silent.
- The toothpick is to help you "pick out" the excellent qualities
of your children and yourself. Remember that I'm not done with
either of you yet!
- The bandage is to help you heal the hurts of your students-and
your own. Remember that I was wounded for you.
- The Hershey's Kisses candy is because I know you like
chocolate, and I like seeing you enjoy life!
- The gold thread is to help us tie our hearts together because
my friendship with you is golden!
- The eraser is to remind you that everyone makes mistakes
sometimes-and that's OK. Be ready to forgive your kids and
yourself, just as I have forgiven you.
- The Life Savers candy means you are a "lifesaver" in this
ministry, and because I want you to think of me as your lifesaver
whenever you need to cry out for help. Remember that I'm always
- The mint is to remind you that you are worth a "mint" to