Kids will navigate your plan to get through your crazy challenge course.
Scripture: Proverbs 16:9
You’ll Need: Water balloons, a ladder, newspapers, six hula hoops, and a Bible
Before kids arrive, set up the following obstacles about 10 feet apart.
- Water Balloon Break: Set out a bucket of water balloons. Each child will break a water balloon by sitting on it.
- Ladder Run Place: a wooden ladder on the ground. Kids will run through the rungs. (Position someone to hold onto the ladder.)
- Newspaper Walk: Set out sheets of newspaper. Kids will take two sheets and walk to the next station by putting newspaper under their feet with every step.
- Hula-Hoop Hop: Set out six hula hoops on the ground. Kids will hop from one to the other without touching the hoop’s edges.When kids arrive, demonstrate the plan for completing the course. Then have kids take turns going through while others cheer them on. After everyone has completed the course, read aloud the Scripture.Ask:
- What was the hardest part of this obstacle course for you?
- What’s something you have a hard time with in real life?
- How has God led you step-by-step through hard times?