Code Name: Judgment Call
Directive: Honor God with your thoughts and
Armor: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7; 13
Basic Training: Tell kids that at times we all do
and say things we later regret. Form groups of four, and give each
group a situation to act out — first in a negative way, then in a
Kids LOVE these Sunday School resources!
Use these situations:
- A friend shoplifts when you’re at the mall
- You hear friends talk poorly about someone.
- Your friends make fun of you because you don’t use bad
- You’re at a friend’s house and the family watches a movie your
parents won’t allow you to watch.
- Your friends vandalize a neighbor’s house while you’re walking
home from school with them.
- Your parents tell you to do something, but you don’t want
Read the Scripture. After the two versions of each situation, ask
kids how faith, hope, or love could’ve made a difference in that
situation. Then ask which response — positive or negative — is
easier to have in real life.
Covert Ops Challenge: In their “Operation: Faith
Challenge” journals, have kids list 10 synonyms for each quality:
faith, hope, and love. Then challenge kids to journal during the
week about how they lived out these qualities in situations they
Mission Accomplished: When kids return, have them
use markers to create a banner for each quality: faith, hope, and
love. On the banners, have kids write examples of how they
demonstrated each quality this last week. Have kids draw a thick
red line under those examples and then work with a partner to
brainstorm and write new ideas to show these qualities to others
over the summer and in the coming school year.