Single Parent Ministry Ideas
Here are ideas to get you started reaching out to single
- Ask single parents what their needs are (time away from the
kids, finances) and help meet those needs.
- Form a committee with key single parents. Empower single
parents to make the ministry what they need it to be-let them "own"
- Pray for single parents -- ask God to give them strength and
- Encourage families and couples to welcome single parents into
- Start a support group.
- Don't overburden singles. They often get too involved without
getting their needs met.
- Have a parents night out. (Singles, like married people, need
time for themselves.)
- Offer an active singles life separate from the Sunday school
class. And when planning social events, don't place the emphasis on
- Provide baby-sitting because finances are tough for most single
- Set up a fund where single parents (and other church members)
can get a loan. Help with financial hardships.
- Consider organizing an old-fashioned co-op where single parents
(and other church members) can exchange services without money.
People with expertise in sewing, bookkeeping, mechanical work, and
so on can participate.