In each issue of Children’s Ministry Magazine we offer exclusive extra content, ideas, and downloadables found only at childrensministry.com as a benefit to our subscribers. Use these Web Exclusives to help you as you minister to children and their families.
KidMin Conference is September 22-24, 2017 in Chicago. Featuring Max Lucado and Mark Batterson. Register BEFORE THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 save $50!
Don't miss it! There will never be another one like this!
- No More Monsters: Lots of things can be scary for kids—and for adults, too. Use these Scary Monsters to help kids know that they don’t need to be afraid because God’s always with them. (From “Age-Level Insights 6 to 9,” page 31.)
- Paper vs. Ebooks: Believe it or not, 66 percent of 6 to 8 year-olds prefer paper books to ebooks. Check out the full reading report published by Scholastic. (From “Age-Level Insights 6 to 9,” page 32.)
- Slimed: Sin can be an icky, sticky mess. Use our “Slimed” idea and these slime recipes we found on YouTube to lead kids in an object lesson about sin. Slime made with borax and craft glue. Slime made with liquid starch and craft glue. Slime made with shampoo and soap. (From “Age-Level Insights 10 to 12,” page 35.)
- R.E.A.L.ly Interpret the Bible: So you want to help your preteens dig deeper into the Bible using a method that makes an impact? Here’s a quick video on how R.E.A.L. Learning works. (From “Age-Level Insights 10 to 12,” page 36.)
- God’s Beautiful Daughter: Stay connected on our Facebook page; we’ll be doing a free giveaway of God’s Beautiful Daughter, the book we recommended in our preteen column. Hint: The giveaway will happen some time in late September. (From “Age-Level Insights 10 to 12,” page 36.)
- 3 Ways to Listen to Parents: Use our Scripture Cookie recipe cards to get your families digging into scripture in a tasty way. (From “Family Ministry,” page 40.)
- Taming the Entitlement Dragon: AnnJanette Toth suggested three ways to get kids into the Bible that will help kids go against the flow in an entitled culture. In light of that, three lucky winners will receive a free International Children’s Bible. Stay connected on our Facebook page; we’ll be doing this giveaway in late-September. (From “Taming the Entitlement Dragon,” page 64.)