From “Princesses and Pirates” featured in the
January/February 2009 issue of Children’s Ministry
|Sample Job Descriptions, a Schedule, and
Invitation (pdf) is here
Sample Job Descriptions
- Table Sponsors: These people adopt a table of
eight girls. They provide the table settings (plates, bowls, cups,
silverware, napkins, centerpiece) and one item from the menu
(optional). Table sponsors “mind” the table of little princesses,
lead conversation, and guide girls to the activities. Each table
sponsor stays with the same group of girls all morning.
- Bakers: Bakers prepare all the food on food
trays. They may need to shop for menu items the day before the
- Trumpeters: Trumpeters can play real or
pretend trumpets to welcome each little princess to the party and
to announce transitions to new activities.
- Host Princess: The host princess greets each
little princess upon arrival and poses for a photograph.
- Knights: Knights escort each little princess
to a seat at a table.
- Maids-in-Waiting: These people each attend to
one table of girls, tending to the little princesses and delivering
food trays for each course and refilling beverages.
Maids-in-waiting curtsey and call the princesses “M’lady.”
- Storytellers: Storytellers read the storybook
- Decorators: These people are responsible for
decorating the rooms and photography area.
- Clean-Up Crew: These people are responsible
for cleaning up after the event.
- Photographer: The photographer takes a photo
of each little princess upon arrival and then roams during the
event to capture the fun.
Day Before Event
❑ 3 pm: Begin decorating
❑ 7 pm: Table sponsors arrive and set up their tables (table
settings and centerpieces)
Day of Event
❑ 9:50 am: Table sponsors in place, ready to welcome girls
❑ 10 am: Girls arrive, trumpeters sound
❑ 10:15 am: Breakfast is served
❑ 10:45 am: Girls go to storytellers
❑ 11:05 am: Girls return to seats for dessert
❑ 11:30 am: Event ends
❑ 11:40 am: Clean-up crew begins work