Teach kids to how to reach those around them, including
their families, by living the faith that is presented in this
craft-based Bible lesson.
Objective: Kids will learn that God uses them
to reach others.
Stuff you’ll need: Frozen-juice can lids,
wooden craft sticks, small boxes with lids, card stock and
scissors, large buttons, potpourri, white glue, 8-inch lengths of
narrow ribbon, and small doilies or paper coasters.
Text: Read aloud 2 Corinthians 2:15.
Tell kids to:
- Choose an object to create an ornament.
- Spread glue all over one side of your object.
- Press both ends of a piece of ribbon into the glue to form a
- Cover the glue-covered side of your object with potpourri.
Allow this to dry
- Optional: Glue a doily to the back or bottom of your
Ask: How does your potpourri ornament smell?
What does it mean that we are a “fragrance of Christ”? How do you
think your faith in Christ smells to the people around you-very
fragrant, a little fragrant, or not fragrant at all? How can we be
very fragrant for Christ at school? at home? at play?
Say: Use your ornament to remind you that Jesus
wants us to be like him.
Close in prayer for the areas children mention, and ask God to
work a miracle in those areas.
GRADES 3 – 6