This Easter, help your children understand the importance of Palm Sunday with this creative snack. Follow these steps.
1. Cut frozen cookie dough into 2 X 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Have children roll the cookie strips and shape them into an outline of a palm leaf on the foil. Close all edges in the outline.
4. Help kids crush green candies in a bag with a hammer, and sprinkle to fill in the cookie center.
KidMin Conference is September 22-24, 2017 in Chicago. Featuring Max Lucado and Mark Batterson. Register BEFORE THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 save $50!
Don't miss it! There will never be another one like this!
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about eight minutes. Allow to cool.
Afterward, read aloud Mark 11:1-11. Contrast the sweetness of the cookies with the harshness of breaking the candies with a hammer. Tell your children that this was a sweet day for Jesus, but
he knew that soon he would be broken-or would die-for our sins.