Nursery Ministry Idea: When a mom gives birth to a baby,
make her feel special with one of these gift ideas…
Age: From Birth to 2
- Oh-so-practical: Fill a basket with practical
items, such as baby nail clippers, bulb syringe, syrup of ipecac,
thermometer, bibs, socks, wipes, diapers, and T-shirts. Fill the
basket, wrap it in pink or blue cellophane, and tie it with a
- Just for Mom: Pamper Mom with peppermint
foot-massage cream. If you really want to be like Jesus, give her a
- Free baby-sitting: Give Mom and Dad a dozen
coupons for free baby-sitting.
- Special delivery: Call ahead, then have pizza
or Chinese food delivered to give Mom a break.
- Deal a meal: Have church members sign up to
deliver meals for an entire month.
- Hotline: Give new moms the phone numbers of
parents who’d be willing to answer any question at any time — even
in the middle of the night.
- Nondegree program: Invite parents to a special
four-week class to cover the basics of Christian parenting.
- Gift of life: Plant a tree or donate to a
charity in the child’s name.
- Write it down: Give the new parents a special
journal to write prayers and thoughts about their new child.
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.