Promote the National Day of Prayer with this
Last year we held a National Day of Prayer Poster Contest at the
beginning of April. We had great participation.
We distributed these specific guidelines:
- We will provide poster paper for each interested child (to keep
the size uniform).
- The poster must be in color.
- The poster needs to promote the National Day of Prayer.
- The name and grade level of the artist must be written on the
- The deadline date for submission.
Each poster hung in the children's classrooms. The posters were
judged by a panel of kids. We then displayed the 1st- and 2nd-place
posters in the church foyer.
The Sunday before the National Day of Prayer, we had a
children's rally called Kids Prayer Power Hour. All the children's
Sunday school classes gathered in a room that had been turned into
a mock radio station called K-PRAY. Our special guest and puppet
friend helped us continue our theme of the Power of Prayer. The
winning poster contestants were interviewed, photographed, and
given special prizes.
(Editor's note: We think this is a great idea, but why not
declare everyone a winner! Give each entrant a "National Day of
Prayer" button. Then display all the great posters to celebrate