Teacher Training: Is your program on the verge of derailing? Use these helpful tools to keep your teachers on track.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
Are your teachers on track? If not, your entire program could end up in a massive derailment. Use this 10-question “Pop Quiz” and teacher training meeting to keep your program from jumping the track.
TEACHER TRAINING MEETING OUTLINE
1. Plan for the Trip Photocopy and cut apart a “Ticket to Terrific Teaching” card for each teacher. Wear a conductor’s hat, overalls, and a bandanna to this meeting. Use a train whistle to get teachers’ attention during the meeting.
2. All Aboard When teachers arrive, form trios. Have teachers work together in their trios to make a list of 10 qualities of a good teacher, such as devoted, fun, energetic, responsible, prayerful, and loving. When they’re done, have teachers call out qualities they’ve listed. Note on a sheet of newsprint the qualities mentioned.
3. Luggage Check Give each teacher a copy of the “Pop Quiz” (below) and a pencil. Have teachers each take the quiz. Encourage them to answer honestly. Afterward, have teachers pair up with a traveling companion. Have companions each tell a strong area they can praise God for in themselves and a weak spot where they’d like help or prayer. Have partners pray together.
4. The Conductor Says Go through each question on the “Pop Quiz.” Lead teachers in discussing why “c” is the best answer for each question. Ask teachers to tell their secrets to success in each area.
5. Tickets, Please Set out copies of “Ticket to Terrific Teaching” cards using the following wording. One at a time, have teachers give another teacher a ticket and say, “Our children’s ministry is on track because you…” Make sure everyone receives a ticket.
TICKET TO TERRIFIC TEACHING
Cost: Dedication and sacrifice
Destination: Reaching children for Jesus Christ
Fuel Source: God’s guidance through the Holy Spirit
Jesus: Don’t Leave Home Without Him!