Show your children’s minstry the meaning Independence
Day with this fun Bible breakfast.
Serve a breakfast before Sunday school to show children what
kind of breakfast the Israelites may have eaten after God led them
to the Promised Land. This multisensory experience is one that kids
will remember forever.
The more elaborate you make your environment the better. Set up
low tables so children can sit on the floor. (Plywood on bricks
will work fine.) Cover tables with cloths. Use large pottery jars
as centerpieces. Earthenware serving pieces and baskets also add to
Have one server for each table. Encourage your servers to dress
in costume and to explain each food’s biblical connection as they
serve it. Servers can connect the Israelites’ new found freedom to
our freedom in Christ.
Here’s a sample menu:
Kids LOVE these Sunday School resources!
- Bread: Exodus 12:14-20 (Unleavened bread is
available in stores.)
- Honey: Proverbs 24:13 (Serve in a pot with a
- Milk: Judges 4:19 (Serve in cups rather than
- Eggs: Luke 11:11-13 (Boil and cut in pieces to
- Figs: Exodus 8:7-10: (You can get these in a
- Grapes: Deuteronomy 23:24 (Serve in
- Cake: 1 Samuel 30:11-15 (Use Fig
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.