Send this plan for Easter Week Family Devotions to the families in your church.
PALM SUNDAY DEVOTION
Read aloud Mark 11:1-11.
Make palm-leaf cookies by following these steps:
1. Cut frozen cookie dough into 2 X 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Roll the cookie strips and shape them into an outline of a palm leaf on the foil. Close all edges in the outline.
4. Crush green candies in a bag with a hammer, and sprinkle to fill in the cookie center.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about eight minutes.
With your family, contrast the sweetness of the cookies with the harshness of breaking the candies with a hammer. Tell your children that this was a sweet day for Jesus, but he knew that soon he would be broken–or would die — for our sins.