When 3- through 5-year-olds are combined in one class, the older
kids may get bored and troublesome. To keep the older kids
interested in class activities, I involve them in “helper”
activities. This is also a great way to affirm children for a job
I have children do the following:
- Bible Helper brings the Bible from the shelf to group time and
holds the Bible while it’s read.
- Light Helper flashes the lights at transition time to get kids’
- Prayer Helper leads the prayer at snack time.
- Snack Helper helps serve the snack to the others.
- Cleanup Helper is responsible for reminding kids to throw away
any trash and clean up their areas.
To keep from losing track of who’s had a turn helping, I keep a
running chart of each Sunday’s helpers. This alleviates hurt
feelings or left-out kids.
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.
Kids LOVE these Sunday School resources!