Glitter jars provide a fun and crafty object lesson designed to
help introduce the majesty of the Creation story to your children’s
ministry. This project requires easy-to-find materials and takes
only minutes to complete.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
Tell kids to:
- Press a piece of clay onto the inside of a baby food jar
- Stick artificial flower blossoms into the clay.
- Fill the jar almost to the top with water. Then drop a few
pinches of glitter into the jar.
- Screw the lid onto the jar.
- Paint around the edges of the lid with the nail polish. Allow
to dry. This will seal the lid.
- Shake the jar. Then set it on its lid.
Talk teasers: As the glitter swirls around in
the water, ask: How did you feel as you made your small world that
glitters? How do you think God felt when he made the world? Genesis
1:31 says that God saw all that he had made and it was good. What
do you think is good about your jar? about God’s creation?