Glitter jars provide a fun and crafty object lesson designed to
help introduce the majesty of the Creation story to your children’s
ministry. This project requires easy-to-find materials and takes
only minutes to complete.
Tell kids to:
- Press a piece of clay onto the inside of a baby food jar
- Stick artificial flower blossoms into the clay.
- Fill the jar almost to the top with water. Then drop a few
pinches of glitter into the jar.
- Screw the lid onto the jar.
- Paint around the edges of the lid with the nail polish. Allow
to dry. This will seal the lid.
- Shake the jar. Then set it on its lid.
Talk teasers: As the glitter swirls around in
the water, ask: How did you feel as you made your small world that
glitters? How do you think God felt when he made the world? Genesis
1:31 says that God saw all that he had made and it was good. What
do you think is good about your jar? about God’s creation?
Kids LOVE these Sunday School resources!