Use these foods to remind kids of Jesus’ time in Gethsemane.
Age Level: 3 to 12
Activity Time: 20 minutes
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
- Graham crackers
- Gummy worms
- Chocolate-covered raisins
- Pretzel sticks
- Small marshmallows
- Resealable baggies
- Paper plates
- Plastic spoons
Read aloud Mark 14:32-50. As you narrate the biblical account, have kids or volunteers pass out the coordinating snacks. Give each child a paper plate to re-enact the events.
- Crumbled graham crackers in resealable baggies and chocolate-covered raisins represent the ground and rocks where Jesus knelt. Pour the “sand” onto the paper plate and scatter “rocks.”
- Gummy worms represent the disciples’ temptation to fall asleep.
- Marshmallows represent the soft places where the disciples rested their heads and slept.
- Use pretzel sticks to represent the swords and clubs the men carried who came to arrest Jesus.