Follow these instructions to lead your family in celebrating
------------- | For more great articles like this, subscribe to Children's Ministry Magazine. | -------------
- Get four pieces of clean trash, such as crumpled, unused
tissues. Hide them around the house in somewhat obvious locations,
and then place a small star sticker in plain view just above the
hiding place of each item.
- Get a better item, such as a plate of cookies, and hide it very
well. Place the large star sticker above it, but make sure the
sticker isn’t easy to see.
- Tell your family you’re sending them on a treasure hunt as they
let the stars guide them to look for hidden treasure. Walk with
your family as they search, and let them know when they’ve found
all the stars.
- Ask: How did the treasure under the big star compare
with the other treasures? How does the treasure of Jesus compare
with other things about Christmas? What things can distract us from
looking for Jesus?
- Say: Jesus is the greatest Christmas treasure of all.
He’s the very reason we celebrate! This Christmas, remember to look
for Jesus. Enjoy the tasty treat together as a
Excerpted from Children’s Ministry Magazine.