Provide a large box for each participating family. Have families
decorate their boxes. Have each family bring food and other items
necessary for a full meal, such as:
- whatever is needed for the meal in cans or boxes,
- place mats made by the family,
- plastic utensils and paper dishes,
- a table centerpiece made by the family,
- a prayer card that can be read before the meal,
- a letter explaining what family members did to prepare this box
and why they’re sharing these gifts, and
- a small card attached with ribbon that has each contributing
family member’s first name on it.
Another thing families can do is remove vegetable can labels and
turn the labels inside out (or simply cover the labels with white
paper). On the white side, families can write their favorite recipe
for this vegetable and include all the condiments to make it.
Children can decorate the label with designs and messages of love.
Then tape the label back to the can. Take instant-print photos
during the assembly of the food boxes so you can add these photos
to the gift boxes also.
KidMin Conference is September 22-24, 2017 in Chicago. Featuring Max Lucado and Mark Batterson. Register BEFORE THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 save $50!
Don't miss it! There will never be another one like this!
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.