Let kids exercise their creative juices as they learn about
Scripture: Genesis 1:3-27
You’ll Need: 8½ x 11 white card stock, crayons,
paper clips, and a Bible
- Read Genesis 1:3-5. Give children each a sheet of card stock
and tell them they’re going to create a scratch art picture of
- Read Genesis 1:6-8. Have kids color the top one-third of their
- Read Genesis 1:9-10. Have kids color the middle third green. On
the bottom one-third of the paper, have kids draw one half brown
and one half blue.
Have kids use a black crayon to thickly cover the entire page.
Give each child a paper clip, and help children unfold one end of
the paper clip to use as a scratching tool.
- Read Genesis 1:11-13. Have kids scratch off plant shapes on
- Read Genesis 1:14-19. Have kids scratch off the moon and
- Read Genesis 1:20-23. Have kids scratch off fish shapes on the
lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:24-25. Have kids scratch off animal shapes on
the lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:26-27. Have kids scratch off people on the
Ask kids to show one another their creations as they talk about
their favorite things that God created.