Let kids exercise their creative juices as they learn about God’s creation.
Scripture: Genesis 1:3-27 You’ll Need: 8½ x 11 white card stock, crayons, paper clips, and a Bible
- Read Genesis 1:3-5. Give children each a sheet of card stock and tell them they’re going to create a scratch art picture of God’s creation.
- Read Genesis 1:6-8. Have kids color the top one-third of their paper blue.
- Read Genesis 1:9-10. Have kids color the middle third green. On the bottom one-third of the paper, have kids draw one half brown and one half blue. Have kids use a black crayon to thickly cover the entire page. Give each child a paper clip, and help children unfold one end of the paper clip to use as a scratching tool.
- Read Genesis 1:11-13. Have kids scratch off plant shapes on their paper.
- Read Genesis 1:14-19. Have kids scratch off the moon and stars.
- Read Genesis 1:20-23. Have kids scratch off fish shapes on the lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:24-25. Have kids scratch off animal shapes on the lower half of the paper.
- Read Genesis 1:26-27. Have kids scratch off people on the paper.
Ask kids to show one another their creations as they talk about their favorite things that God created.