Form two teams and designate a goal line. Give each team a
photocopy of the following instructions. Tell teams they're to race
to complete the seven steps. A different person in each team should
perform each step. Don't provide props for teams; part of the fun
is in finding the needed items.
- Lead a blindfolded person to the goal line to represent night.
At the goal line, have the person remove his or her blindfold to
represent day and return to your starting place. Everyone shout,
"Day one! It is good!"
- Carry a small container of water to the goal line, drink it,
and run back to represent water and sky. Everyone shout, "Day two!
It is good!"
- Carry a handful of dirt to the goal line to represent the
earth. Make a small hill with it and then return. Everyone shout,
"Day three! It is good!"
- Carry a small stick to the goal line. Draw a sun, moon, and
star in the dirt to represent the lights. Return and everyone
shout, "Day four! It is good!"
- With two pieces of paper, make a bird to represent flying
creatures. Carry the bird to the goal line, leave it, and return.
Everyone shout, "Day five! It is good!"
- Using small sticks, make a human figure to represent humankind.
Carry the person to the goal line, leave it, and return. Everyone
shout, "Day six! It is good!"
- All teammates run to the goal line and sit in a circle.
Everyone shout, "Day seven! Day of rest!"
-- Mary Burman Laramie, Wyoming
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.