Kids who love to work with their hands will enjoy creating
breadbaskets for someone special. This project is an excellent way
to reflect on God's daily presence as our bread of life.
For each child, you'll need a minimum of 120 craft sticks, wood
glue, a sturdy piece of cardboard, tempera paint, and a paint
Tell kids to:
- Arrange your first six sticks in a hexagon (six sides),
criss-crossing craft stick tips. (See illustration.)
- Glue tips in place. Repeat until desired height.
- Trace the bottom of the basket onto cardboard and cut out the
cardboard hexagon. Glue it in place to the bottom of the
- Decorate as desired while thanking God for your daily
- Bake your favorite bread to fill the basket. Deliver to
families in your church or use it at your Thanksgiving dinner.
Please keep in mind that phone numbers, addresses, and
prices are subject to change.
|Need more great ideas like this? Check out
Group's creative, innovative resources that work every time! Click here!