If you’re looking for quick and easy activities to do with your kids, we’ve got you covered. Let us set you free from uninspired ideas with these seven cool activities that will go over with a bang!
- Free at Last – Here’s an interactive object lesson that is super simple in terms of supplies. All you need is some kind of box (like a shoebox) and some kind of weight (like a brick or two). Challenge kids to hold the box for as long as possible. Once kids experience what it’s like to have something dragging them down, take the weight away and read Romans 6:18. This opens the door for a discussion on what it means to be free from sin.
- Danielle’s Place – A friend shared with me this site, and after looking at it, I had to share it with you all. If you are looking for some cute crafts, this place has a ton of them. I love the folding craft-stick flag!
- Living Out Our Liberty – This craft gets kids thinking about the Liberty Bell and what it symbolizes. Then, using Luke 4:14-19, kids discover how they can help others hear about the freedom Jesus offers. What was a simple craft then becomes an outreach tool for kids to use to spread God’s love.
- Fireworks in a Jar – Not able to shoot fireworks? Here’s a neat alternative for little kids that I found at icanteachmychild.com. Jenae, the blog’s owner, created this fun activity for kids to see a colorful, firework-free show inside a bottle.
- Set Free – Here’s another super-simple activity that teaches freedom in Christ and is perfect for kids ages 6 to 9 years old. Using a yarn and referring to Romans 6:20-23, kids learn what it’s like to be tangled up in sin and how Jesus can set us free from that entanglement.
- Patriotic Headband – This craft by Kinder-craze’s Maria Manore was originally designed for Constitution Day, but it could work for your Independence Day festivities as well. Kids will love designing their very own patriotic headwear and they can keep these as a memento of what they discovered in your ministry that day.
- The Whole Shebang – Need something bigger? For multiple age groups? No worries! We have the perfect lesson outline for you, complete with snacks, activities, and material for three age ranges.
KidMin Conference is September 22-24, 2017 in Chicago. Featuring Max Lucado and Mark Batterson. Register BEFORE THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 save $50!
Don't miss it! There will never be another one like this!
I hope this helps you as you plan for your celebration. What are you planning on doing for the 4th of July? Let us know in the comment section below!