Here are the 6 reasons why you should decorate your room in children’s ministry.
- The way your room looks sets the tone and atmosphere for kids. Your decorations convey expectations about your ministry. And a well-decorated room can ease kids’ tensions and uneasiness.
- Your room decorations set the tone and atmosphere for you and your adult volunteers. For the same reasons you decorate your home (to make it appealing, enjoyable, and comfortable), you can spruce up your meeting room.
- A well-designed room shows you care for kids. The extra time you take to decorate can show your kids how much you care about what matters to them. And, if you decorate together, you’ll gain hours of prime ministry time with them.
- Your meeting room often represents kids’ first impression of your ministry. It’s true, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression.” So make sure your kids’ first impression of your ministry is kid-friendly.
- Room decorating helps your kids “own” your ministry. Plain, generic rooms can make kids feel plain and generic about the group. But watch what happens if you encourage them to personalize their room! When kids invest themselves in something, they feel proud about it.
- A spiffy room says something about our commitment to excellence. If we are ambassadors for Christ, then we can pursue excellence in what we do. And that includes the environment we create for our ministry.