If you feel like Joy Feemster (posting on facebook), when it comes to technology “I feel like we’re banging two rocks together sometimes,” it’s time to catch up with the times. How do you do that?
First of all, spring for an iPad. There are so many great things you can do with an iPad in your children’s ministry. Take a look at these things that children’s ministers posted on our Children’s Ministry Magazine facebook page when asked: “Do you use a tablet in your ministry–and how do you use it?”
- Lesson Delivery–Many kidmins teach straight from their iPad. And why not, with great downloadable curriculum options like Group’s Children’s Ministry Live.
- Multimedia–Run your worship and video time straight from your iPad. It’s easy with sites like Group’s music store and iTunes for music. Plus you can download videos at Group’s video store or watch them on YouTube (the fastest growing search engine).
- Games!–With apps galore, you can let kids play games on your iPad to capture their attention. We’d love to know the best apps and games you’ve used. Post them here as a comment.
- Administration–Many kidmins have families sign in at the registration area, using iPads.
- Interaction–I use my iPhone to take photos of our 2-year-olds on Sundays and then show them their photos (then delete immediately after!). I suppose I could use my iPad for the same reason, too. I also show them photos of my family and our new puppy. They love that!
If you’re planning to buy an iPad, spring for 4G so you can access the internet practically anywhere. It’s worth every penny!
How do you use an iPad or other kind of tablet in your children’s ministry?