Easter Egg Hunts are a great way to pull families from your community into the real meaning of Easter so check out these 5 ways to boost your Easter Egg Hunt.
At the time of my writing this, we have only about four weeks until Easter is here. For many of us, that means preparing for the annual Easter egg hunt. The hunt can be one of the greatest community outreach events for your ministry, so it’s important to give it to God. Make sure to pray over the event for guidance and impact. That’s the best tip I can give you.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
If you are looking for ways to give your hunt an extra boost, we’ve found four cool ideas that you can implement for this year’s event.
1. Egglo Entertainment– Who said Easter egg hunts have to take place in the middle of the day? The night owls over at Egglo Entertainment have created these glow-in-the-dark eggs with crosses on them. The idea? Jesus is the light in this dark world-too cool! Pick up a few dozen eggs for use at night (or to use in a dark room if it rains on your hunt). Egglo also sells curriculum and other fun items to go with the eggs, so check them out!
2. Easter Resurrection Buns– Make these buns the night before your Easter egg hunt to serve as a delicious treat with a special meaning. Children will enjoy biting into these buns to find that they’re empty-just as Jesus’ tomb was empty on Easter morning. (Hollow chocolate eggs work well for this activity too!)
3. An Easter Journey– How about taking the families that attend your Easter egg hunt on an amazing journey? This is a step-by-step guide to taking your attendees on an adventure they will never forget. Families will travel back in time to experience Jesus with multisensory activities.
4. Easter Egg Prayers– Here’s an idea that I’ve used with the kids in my ministry. Tell the Easter story using items you’ve hidden in plastic eggs. You can give God thanks for each part of the Easter story you uncover. Just make sure you label the eggs so you know what order to open them in!
5. Add Extra Meaning to Your Egg Hunt–-With Group’s creative Easter event kit, kids will not only get baskets full of candy, but they’ll also get great activities that focus on the real meaning of Easter.
What egg-citing plans do you have for your ministry this Easter? Do you do an annual hunt or do you do something different? How many of you team up with other ministries or organizations to pull off a massive hunt? How much money do you spend on candy? Share with us your plans, and any tips and tricks you want to pass on, in the comment section below!