Is your children’s ministry reaching children that slip through the cracks when they graduate from your ministry? There are some brutal realities related to children’s ministry today.
Here are five brutal facts that affect our children’s ministries today:
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
- Between 1997 and 2004, churches lost tens of thousands of Sunday school programs, according to data from the Barna Group.
- Average weekly children’s Sunday School attendance for churches is 64 children, down from 83 in 2013 and 70 in 2011.
- One in four churches (25%) say their Sunday School attendance is more sporadic than five years ago.
- A ten percent decrease over the previous two years, approximately three in four churches held Vacation Bible School during 2014.
- Recent VBS daily attendance reported is 73 children on average. The average was 85 children in 2013 and 88 children in 2011.
Jesus calls us to operate in the tension between current reality and hope. He will join us in facing the most “brutal facts of our reality” knowing we will prevail in the end. Jesus is our prevailing hope! We have a power in Jesus that is greater than the world.
“But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world” (1 John 4:4).
When we give our ministries to Jesus, he is the only one who can transform them. No wonder we get frustrated. We can’t do this on our own. Come to Children’s Ministry Local Training to learn more about how to create a ministry that captures kids’ heart and attention for a lifetime.