What you do matters! At times it may seem like an uphill battle. But don’t be disheartened. You’re making an eternal difference in the lives of kids. Next time you’re feeling a little down, take a moment to count your blessings and thank God for the small successes in the kidmin life. Here are 25 signs you’re succeeding at children’s ministry.
1. Your kids welcome newcomers.
2. High fives are given every Sunday.
3. A child shares a struggle with you.
4. You’re not afraid to make a change.
5. A child doesn’t want to leave.
6. You see growth.
7. The youth ministry sees growth.
8. Your volunteers hang out with each other after church.
9. Kids pray.
10. You have a vision and a mission statement.
11. You have that “all on the same page” mentality.
12. A child tells his or her parents about a discovery at church.
13 Kids not only know Bible verses, but how to apply them in different situations.
14. You can take a vacation week and everything stays under control.
15. You see kids sharing.
16. You talk with parents.
17. A child you thought wasn’t paying attention at all demonstrates understanding.
18. You ask children to give a craft they made to someone special, and they give it to you.
19. Your volunteers pray for each other.
20. Your office is filled with sticky notes of plans, ideas, and meetings.
21. Your senior pastor sits down for snack time with the kids.
22. Take-homes get taken home.
23. Children are greeted warmly by their teachers.
24. You aren’t afraid of kids asking questions.
25. You connect with other children’s ministers.
So there’s a short list of ways you can tell you’re succeeding. What would you add to this list? Let us know using the comment section below!