The top-10 things parents value about your children’s ministry, from exclusive Children’s Ministry Magazine research.
1. Safe and Fun Environment — Parents’ first question for kids after class or a program is “Did you have fun?” but rest assured that their #1 concern is that their child is safe in your care.
Take an extra $5 off the already discounted rate!
$5 OFF: CHILDREN'S MINISTRY MAGAZINE
Subscribe now or renew now and get a 1-year subscription for only $19.
2. Spiritual Growth Opportunities — Make no mistake: Parents want their kids to grow closer to Jesus in your ministry.
3. Age-Appropriate Materials — Parents trust you to determine what that is, but they understand the importance of this.
4. Relationships With Other Kids — This is especially true in areas where kids don’t attend school together. Parents want their kids to have friends who share their values and church is a great place for that.
5. Consistency in Teachers — It’s comforting to parents to see the same faces week after week–because it makes it easier for their children.
6. Service Opportunities — Parents today highly value their children serving and growing in character by giving.
7. Family Events — In our research, this is the #1 way children’s ministers define their “family ministry.”
8. Celebrating Faith Milestones –– Parents appreciate training and celebration surrounding key faith milestones in their children’s life.
9. Social Events — Parents want to have fun with other families at church.
10. Parent Seminars — That’s right: #10. Meaning, they probably won’t attend that often, but they see it’s value.
For more great articles like this in every issue, subscribe today to Children’s Ministry Magazine.